In this episode of the People and Performance Podcast, we focus on leading transformational change.
Bill Banham is joined by Ian Ziskin, President of EXec EXcel Group LLC and Co-Founder at Consortium for Change. Ian has 40 years of experience as a business and human resources leader, board advisor and member, coach, consultant, entrepreneur, teacher, speaker, and author.
His client base and corporate work span the aerospace and defense, automotive, chemical, consumer products, education, electronic components, energy, entertainment, financial services, health care, technology, information technology, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, professional services, retail, and telecommunications industries, among others.
Ian has written or co-edited four books including The Secret Sauce for LeadingTransformational Change (2022) and we’ll be talking about that today.
Questions For Ian Include:
- You are the Co-Founder and Leader of the Consortium for Change (C4C), a community of coaches and consultants. Tell us about the group.
- “Leaders who are clear about goals, expectations, and the path forward are better able to get team buy-in, hold their teams accountable, and improve chances for success.” What are some of the common barriers leaders put up to avoid change?
- How important is listening as a skill in HR leadership?
- How can we better understand the mindset of colleagues?
- Let’s now focus on your book, The Secret Sauce for Leading Transformational Change: What are the most important questions the book explores and addresses?
- There are 25 essays from transformational change experts and 8 interviews with CEOs and other senior leaders in the book – what are some common themes that emerged from all these perspectives?
More About Ian
He is the Co-Founder and Partner of Business inSITE Group (BiG), a strategic partnership focused on coaching, leadership development, and HR transformation; Co-Founder and Leader of the Consortium for Change (C4C), a community of coaches and consultants; and Co-Founder of the CHREATE Project, designed to address the future of work and HR.
Ian’s global business leadership experience includes 28 years in Chief Human Resources Officer and/or other senior leadership roles with three Fortune 100 corporations – Northrop Grumman,Qwest Communications, and TRW.