How Expectations of Candidates Have Changed and What’s New in Employer Branding
How can you ensure your recruitment and selection strategy fits into the overall workforce plan when the market is so dynamic?
In the past few months, we’ve said goodbye to the effects of record layoffs and hello to an unprecedented surge in demand for candidates with certain skill sets. In some sectors, expectations are for a 25% movement of labor and massive investments in attracting talent.
The war for talent has never been so fierce! Today’s guest says the key to attracting top candidates in a post-Covid society is understanding and responding to the changed priorities and needs of candidates.
In episode two of the podcast that considers all stages connected with workforce planning, Bill Banham and I are joined by Kerris Hougardy, Vice President, People Services North America at Colliers International.
Kerris leads Colliers International’s North American People Services group for Canada and the USA. She coaches, mentors, and manages a high-performing team of over 80 human resources professionals with a focus on strategic business partnerships, talent management, employee experience excellence, employment brand championship, diversity & inclusion, and continuous process improvement.
Listen as we consider where selection, recruitment, and employer branding fit into the development of high-performing teams.
What You’ll Learn in Episode 2
- What is the state of the labor market right now?
- What can we expect to see, in terms of the mobility of skilled workers, by the end of 2021?
- How can HR pros navigate through huge numbers of job applications?
- What are the benefits of working on one’s employer brand?
- Can employer branding indicate what the employee experience might be like? Can it also speak to the standard of candidates required by the employer?
- How are AI and automation augmenting and replacing traditional roles and what does that mean for those looking to get back into the jobs market and those looking to remain relevant in their current jobs?
- Colliers Case Study: How Kerris and her team ensure Colliers recruitment and selection process strategy fits into their overall workforce plan?
Check out the new podcast and watch out for interviews, panels, and discussions almost every week!
Can’t Wait For More? Here’s a Snippet With Next Week’s Guest Expert
Want to be a guest on a future episode or have questions about the content we create for the HR and leadership communities? Contact me at email@example.com.