In this special cross-over HRchat episode, Bill Banham welcomes People and Performance Podcast co-host, Chris Bjorling back to the pod to share his thoughts on ways the Russian invasion of Ukraine will impact the labor market and workforce planning efforts in the US and Canada over the next 3-6 months.
Listen as Chris Bjorling Shares Predictions:
- Stock market volatility and a possible new reluctance of companies in North America to invest in talent
- Why higher salaries are needed to attract candidates/retain staff to compensate for higher costs of living
- Energy and oil prices rise
- Rising interest rates and supply chain issues
- Travel restrictions and increasing airfare costs
- The mental health of employees living through this new Cold War
Listen and also get Bill’s preview of season 4 of the People and Performance Podcast.
Check Out Part One of This Discussion